The following outlines the fundamental ideas of both types of marketing and helps explain the difference between the two.
What is Digital Media Marketing?
Digital media marketing is an umbrella term used to describe the use of various digital channels to market your business.
Business owners promote brand awareness online and offline as part of a digital media campaign. They promote their brand image and valuable content through various digital marketing strategies to attract potential customers. As well as to keep the customers they already do have.
The following are the main objectives of your digital media marketing:
- To increase your business through increased sales and profits
- Create valuable content and add value to your customers’ lives
- Create a strong brand awareness across the company and for your clientele
- Promote your products, brand, or services
While a social media marketing campaign might be a part of your digital media marketing, it is only a single part of it.
What is Social Media Marketing?
One of the best ways to reach a wider audience is through social media channels.
Social media marketing is one part of a digital marketing campaign. A company will increase its social media presence on various social media sites to attract more website traffic through social media users.
The company will create a social media strategy that includes social media posts and possibly social media advertising to reach its target audience.
You can use your fresh and unique content on your website. But adding it to your social media platforms is an excellent way to drive more people to your company’s page.
A company that does not utilize social platforms runs the risk of missing out on many members of its target audience.
Digital Marketing Tools You Can Use
There are numerous digital marketing tools out there. While you do not have to use them all, you want to include different tools in your digital marketing strategy. You can also start with a couple, then set a goal to add new ones at different time increments that you set.
Digital marketing tools might include:
- Email marketing
- Content marketing
- Blog posts
- Paid ads on social networks
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tools
- Mobile marketing
- Online advertising (like Google ads), including click advertising
- Creating useful online content
- Customer service tools
- Influencer marketing
Should You Include Social Media Marketing in a Digital Marketing Campaign?
If you do not include social media marketing in your digital marketing campaign, you run the risk of missing out on different audiences. It is a good idea to include various types of digital marketing strategies to capture as many potential customers as you can. Including social channels in that plan can increase your online presence and reach more internet users than you would otherwise.
Digital Marketing vs. Social Media Marketing
When it comes to online marketing, social media is just a part of an overall, comprehensive digital media strategy. The main differences include:
- Digital marketing campaigns include various marketing channels, including internet marketing, mobile ads, content creation, and blogging. Whereas social media marketing focuses only on social media platforms.
- Digital marketing can occur both online and offline to reach a target audience. Social media is limited to online media boundaries.
- Creating fresh and unique content is key to the success of your digital marketing strategy. Using your social media accounts is one form of marketing to reach your potential clients with your valuable content.
Digital Marketing Company
Remember, a digital marketing company offers social media marketing services as part of its overall offerings. So, if you’re searching for a social media marketing agency, expand your search to a digital marketing company. That way, you have more services available to you under one roof.
Read Next: 13 Best Books on Digital Marketing Strategy